About Me

My photo
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts, United States

Saturday, June 13, 2009

General Contractor


My house in Brewster was sold.
I'd already moved to Yarmouthport.
With a little money in the bank,
I offered to finance some capital improvements.

Nothing had been done for twelve years.
We started from the top down;
Woke up one morning to see ten men in the driveway
Who installed a new roof in one day!

The deck was power washed and refinished,
Three portable ACs set in windows,
The plaster walls in the studio and the loft
Primed and painted with ceiling white.

When the garage doors creaked and groaned,
They were replaced in one day.
A new stationary awning covers the deck,
Making a summer room for dining outside.

I built a raised bed garden,
Five trees came down,
A new entry door to the rear was installed.
The tie wall in the driveway will be rebuilt,
Six outdoor light fixtures replaced,
And the space under the deck stairs enclosed.

Then -- a happy summer!

No comments: